Congratulations to the 2023 CHSSA Hall of Fame Inductee Terry Abad
Terry currently serves at the coach at his Alma Mater Lowell High School in San Francisco. Since 2006, Terry has worked hard to develop a team that is competitive, and welcoming for students. In 2012 Terry hosted the CHSSA State Tournament at Lowell High School. In 2019 Terry was awarded the Donovan Cummings’ Service Above Self Award. We are honored to have Terry join the ranks of the Hall of Fame.
Click Here to Learn More About Terry Abad
CHSSA Special Board Meeting
Thursday, March 16th from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
ZOOM Link and Agenda Forthcoming
CHSSA WINTER BOARD MEETING
The CHSSA Winter Board meeting held on January 7th.
REGISTRATION FOR CHSSA IS NOW LIVE!
Step 1: Complete
Download and print the CHSSA Registration Form below. Complete the form and obtain all appropriate coach and administrator signatures.
Step 2: Upload
Upload your completed registration form and answer all questions. We can accept PDFs, PNGs, or JPGs of your completed document.
Step 3: Payment
All schools must pay a $100 participation fee each year. You can pay online (preferred) or mail a check to our treasurer with verified delivery tracking.
2022- 2023 Allocations
Please find attached the 2022-2023 Allocations.
Rules and Regulations
The Rules and Regulations are the governing document for the California High School Speech Association. Each year, in September, the CHSSA Council votes on amendments to the rules and regulations in order to create a document that maintains the intent, and desires of the association. October first the final rules and regulations for the school year are released. No changes may be made to the by-laws past this point, and the document remains in effect for the duration of the school year.
Click Here to Download the Rules and Regulations for 2022-2023
- Article I: Finances
- Article II: Elections/Meetings
- Article III: Duties
- Article IV: Committees
- Article V: Leagues
- Article VI: Hall of Fame
- Article VII: The State Tournament - Qualification and Eligibility
- Article VIII: The State Tournament - Events
- Article IX: The State Tournament - Individual Event Rules
- Article X: The State Tournament - Individual Events Tabulation
- Article XI: The State Tournament - Debate Rules
- Article XII: The State Tournament - Debate Tabulation
- Article XIII: The State Tournament - Congress Rules and Tabulation
- Article XIV: The State Tournament - Administration
- Article XV: Grievance Procedure
- Article XVI: Initiative and Referendum Process
- Article XVII: Amendments to Rules and Regulations
- Article XVIII: Policy Against Harassment